We need you!
Volunteers matter. Each hour you invest at AIDS Calgary is a contribution to your community. We believe that education, advocacy and volunteerism are key to creating positive social change for HIV/AIDS. Join our team of volunteers today and make a positive impact tomorrow.
Volunteers are critical to the success of our agency. On average, volunteers give over 14,000 hours of time to us each year - that is the equivalent to eight staff positions.
AIDS Calgary's three tiered volunteer program makes it easier for you to get involved and start making a difference, no matter what your skills or how much time you have.
- Short term responsibilities or one-time events. Simple registration.
- AIDS Walk for Life, condom pack parties, holiday hamper drivers
- Varied levels of time commitment. Volunteers will go through at least one level of screening, such as an interview.
- photographers, booth volunteers, committee work
- Higher level of commitment. An interview, core training attendance and background checks are mandatory.
– Community presentations and outreach positions